One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounWest Indian
A tall sedge or grass with leaf blades that have sharp cutting edges.
Genera Scleria (family Cyperaceae) and Paspalum (family Gramineae): several species
- ‘Tonka Bean Trace is a narrow, lonely road, with large pot holes which runs uphill between bamboo stools and high razor grass.’
- ‘I'd make my way to Daddy's factory and spend the day sitting in the office, prowling around the factory floor or running in the razor grass in the big back yard.’
- ‘I grew up in Pt Fortin, where fruits were in abundance and didn't cost anything more than a few cuts and bruises from razor grass.’
- ‘We hiked up steep switchbacks between ancient trees and clambered down gullies where razor grass spikes up high along the trail and mango and cashew trees form a fruitful canopy.’
- ‘I plunged off the summit back into the razor grass and crawled my way through the last two hundred feet of dense thicket back to the quarry and my car.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.