One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A burrowing bivalve mollusk with a long, slender shell that resembles the handle of a straight razor; a razor shell.
- ‘Most often used in fritters due to its tough nature, the West Coast razor clam is chewy at best.’
- ‘One of the most beautiful times of my life was harvesting razor clams.’
- ‘In a scallop shell, arrange crabmeat, razor clam, mussels, scallop and honeydew melon.’
- ‘One study identified young razor clams as a major source of food on the Washington coast.’
- ‘However, the unrelated Pacific razor clam is quite popular on the West Coast and is considered to have superior flavor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.