One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
in combination Having rays of a specified number or kind.‘white-rayed daisies’
- ‘The self-incompatible composite Senecio jacobaea (ragwort) exhibits geographic variation in the frequency of rayed and discoid (rayless) individuals.’
- ‘Almost all rayed plants appeared in the crosses Veluwe x Strathy Bay and Veluwe x Meijendel.’
- ‘All crosses raised in normal salinity seawater resulted in five rayed juveniles.’
- ‘Thus, changes of salinity in the field may contribute to the observed 0.2 % four rayed starfish.’
- ‘This skeleton consists of a four rayed, point-centered spicule.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.