Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[in combination] Having rays of a specified number or kind.‘white-rayed daisies’
- ‘Thus, changes of salinity in the field may contribute to the observed 0.2 % four rayed starfish.’
- ‘The self-incompatible composite Senecio jacobaea (ragwort) exhibits geographic variation in the frequency of rayed and discoid (rayless) individuals.’
- ‘All crosses raised in normal salinity seawater resulted in five rayed juveniles.’
- ‘Almost all rayed plants appeared in the crosses Veluwe x Strathy Bay and Veluwe x Meijendel.’
- ‘This skeleton consists of a four rayed, point-centered spicule.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.