One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bar or counter which sells raw oysters and other seafood.
- ‘Those in the know come here not only for the stylish menu and excellent charcuterie but also for the glistening raw bar.’
- ‘After the show, the band and crew convene at the restaurant next door, a French place with good wines and a raw bar.’
- ‘The bar is placed on a rolling raw bar decorated with carved wooden fish.’
- ‘The crab imperial is terrific, and the raw bar is miles long and well stocked.’
- ‘Sit at the raw bar of the Union Oyster House and realize that by the Bay's natural rights you should see a dock just outside her windows!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.