One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Small pasta envelopes containing minced meat, fish, cheese, or vegetables, usually served with a sauce.
- ‘I had the ravioli of four cheeses with tomato sauce, pesto and Parmesan for €13.30.’
- ‘There are great steaming bowls of gnocchi, troughs of ravioli, vast vats of fettuccine just how mama makes it.’
- ‘Place ravioli in a pasta bowl and drizzle with brown butter.’
- ‘To serve, spoon some vegetables, ravioli, and saffron broth in a soup bowl and place two shad roe halves in the center.’
- ‘Froth sauce using a hand-held immersion blender and drizzle foam atop ravioli.’
- ‘Both ravioli and agnolotti are normally accompanied by a sauce, such as tomato.’
- ‘Spoon velouté foam over ravioli and garnish with chervil and truffles.’
- ‘My favorite starter was goat-cheese-and-walnut ravioli with a sherry beet sauce.’
- ‘We started with an appetizer of duck ravioli which sounds scarier than it was.’
- ‘The first course of goat cheese ravioli was rigorous and delightful in its pretty sauce, an intense parsley froth.’
- ‘We serve these with tiny Monaco ravioli, grilled almonds and, after dinner, mini-pastries prepared by the chef patissier.’
- ‘The pricey menu is big on fish but there are some original ravioli and pasta creations thrown in.’
- ‘A ravioli of foie gras, melon and light cheese tasted like mild soap.’
- ‘Arrange three ravioli per bowl and spoon some lentil soup on top.’
- ‘Place a portion of the ravioli filling in the center of six of the pasta rounds and brush the edges with egg wash.’
- ‘They served Italian food, and they had the best cheese ravioli in town.’
- ‘Cut each ravioli in half; serve hot with seasoned vegetable broth and a lobster medallion.’
- ‘So leave it to these folks to create a ravioli dish, minus the pasta.’
- ‘Juelle Fisher likes this wine with lobster ravioli, salmon with cream sauce or her butternut squash soup.’
- ‘Just before serving, prepare a few small cheese ravioli and place them in each bowl before you add the soup.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.