One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Small pasta envelopes containing minced meat, fish, cheese, or vegetables, usually served with a sauce.
- ‘There are great steaming bowls of gnocchi, troughs of ravioli, vast vats of fettuccine just how mama makes it.’
- ‘So leave it to these folks to create a ravioli dish, minus the pasta.’
- ‘They served Italian food, and they had the best cheese ravioli in town.’
- ‘Place ravioli in a pasta bowl and drizzle with brown butter.’
- ‘Juelle Fisher likes this wine with lobster ravioli, salmon with cream sauce or her butternut squash soup.’
- ‘Arrange three ravioli per bowl and spoon some lentil soup on top.’
- ‘Spoon velouté foam over ravioli and garnish with chervil and truffles.’
- ‘Just before serving, prepare a few small cheese ravioli and place them in each bowl before you add the soup.’
- ‘My favorite starter was goat-cheese-and-walnut ravioli with a sherry beet sauce.’
- ‘A ravioli of foie gras, melon and light cheese tasted like mild soap.’
- ‘Froth sauce using a hand-held immersion blender and drizzle foam atop ravioli.’
- ‘To serve, spoon some vegetables, ravioli, and saffron broth in a soup bowl and place two shad roe halves in the center.’
- ‘Cut each ravioli in half; serve hot with seasoned vegetable broth and a lobster medallion.’
- ‘We started with an appetizer of duck ravioli which sounds scarier than it was.’
- ‘The first course of goat cheese ravioli was rigorous and delightful in its pretty sauce, an intense parsley froth.’
- ‘Both ravioli and agnolotti are normally accompanied by a sauce, such as tomato.’
- ‘We serve these with tiny Monaco ravioli, grilled almonds and, after dinner, mini-pastries prepared by the chef patissier.’
- ‘I had the ravioli of four cheeses with tomato sauce, pesto and Parmesan for €13.30.’
- ‘Place a portion of the ravioli filling in the center of six of the pasta rounds and brush the edges with egg wash.’
- ‘The pricey menu is big on fish but there are some original ravioli and pasta creations thrown in.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.