An official document entitling the holder to a ration of food, clothes, or other goods.
- ‘Third, I didn't show such a thing as a ration card - although many goods were rationed then.’
- ‘I have carried an identity card for years - in my childhood, through my teens, when I had a ration book.’
- ‘I am just enough of a post-war baby to have started life with a ration book.’
- ‘They are tasked with four basic objects - get a water connection, an electricity connection, a building certificate and a ration card.’
- ‘Mark valuables with an identification number like your ration card, passport or driving licence number.’