One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘How to avoid the penalty: Pay 100% of last year's bill or 90% of this year's bill, ratably throughout the year.’
- ‘If the petitioner can show that he and his class stand together and will benefit or suffer rateably, then his ill motive is nothing to the point.’
- ‘These clauses also ensure that the proceeds of any litigation actually prosecuted will be shared rateably by all bondholders.’
- ‘All unsecured creditors are treated equally and they will have to share any remaining funds rateably between them.’
- ‘The courts there approved a pooling agreement, whereby the assets would be distributed rateably.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.