One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The courts there approved a pooling agreement, whereby the assets would be distributed rateably.’
- ‘If the petitioner can show that he and his class stand together and will benefit or suffer rateably, then his ill motive is nothing to the point.’
- ‘How to avoid the penalty: Pay 100% of last year's bill or 90% of this year's bill, ratably throughout the year.’
- ‘These clauses also ensure that the proceeds of any litigation actually prosecuted will be shared rateably by all bondholders.’
- ‘All unsecured creditors are treated equally and they will have to share any remaining funds rateably between them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.