Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A harmless constricting snake that feeds on rats and other small mammals.See also racer
- ‘Only last week a boa constrictor and rat snake were found on a golf course near Accrington.’
- ‘A climbing snake, such as a rat snake, will hold itself on a stick.’
- ‘At the end of the demonstration, the handler comes out of the cage with a rat snake in hand.’
- ‘Both instances of predation by black rat snakes were correctly classified as snakes.’
- ‘I recall having taken a huge rat snake home with me when I was six.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.