Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A harmless constricting snake that feeds on rats and other small mammals.
- ‘At the end of the demonstration, the handler comes out of the cage with a rat snake in hand.’
- ‘Only last week a boa constrictor and rat snake were found on a golf course near Accrington.’
- ‘A climbing snake, such as a rat snake, will hold itself on a stick.’
- ‘I recall having taken a huge rat snake home with me when I was six.’
- ‘Both instances of predation by black rat snakes were correctly classified as snakes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.