Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device that rasterizes an image.
- ‘HyperXpress, for example, is a high-performance printing and plotting software program that uses a RIP (raster image processor) to print large files.’
- ‘Many wide-format printers employ their own native printer drivers, while others may need a RIP (raster image processor) to function at their best.’
- ‘The process of setting up your printer, the use of raster image processors and color management are also given the attention they deserve.’
- ‘The newest raster image processors can support PDF / X - 3, preserving the original RGB (red, green and blue) images and ICC profiles until the last moment when the files are converted to printing plates.’
- ‘A Windows driver and Roland's VersaWorks RIP (raster image processor) are included.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.