One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
mass noun, usually as modifier The Rastafarian movement.‘Rastafari history and culture’
- ‘My job is to interact with different ideas and thoughts, especially my views on Rastafari and the African perspective.’
- ‘The idea originated with the Pope's blessing of Mussolini's troops on their way to conquer Ethiopia, Rastafari's spiritual homeland.’
- ‘In conclusion, it is of utmost importance that Rastafari continue to evolve to suit the unique demands of now.’
- ‘I know this to be true not because I am an expert in Rastafari but because the group's manager told me.’
- ‘My transition from the taken-for-granted God as the creator of the universe to a more agnostic position came through Rastafari.’
1930s: from Ras Tafari, the name by which Haile Selassie was known between 1916 and 1930, from Amharic rās ‘leader, king, lord’ + Tafari, Haile Selassie's birth name.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.