One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & nouninformal
- short for Rastafarian
- ‘The Rastas then were a group of street preachers who taught the Bible and smoked marijuana.’
- ‘The basic belief of a Rasta is to uphold the truth and defend good over evil, to do the will of God here on earth.’
- ‘There are about 800,000 Rastas and Rasta supporters in the United States, about 80,000 of whom live in Brooklyn.’
- ‘The British Virgin Islands in 1980 banned Rastas from setting foot in the territory.’
- ‘Bob Marley was a devout Rasta, as many of his songs revealed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.