One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjectiveinformal
- short for Rastafarian
- ‘Bob Marley was a devout Rasta, as many of his songs revealed.’
- ‘The Rastas then were a group of street preachers who taught the Bible and smoked marijuana.’
- ‘The basic belief of a Rasta is to uphold the truth and defend good over evil, to do the will of God here on earth.’
- ‘The British Virgin Islands in 1980 banned Rastas from setting foot in the territory.’
- ‘There are about 800,000 Rastas and Rasta supporters in the United States, about 80,000 of whom live in Brooklyn.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.