One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Harsh-sounding and unpleasant; grating.‘his cracked, rasping voice narrates the story’
- ‘Jape Devon stepped out of his Warbird as the rasping engines shut down.’
- ‘A hard rasping sound from around the corner caused him to drop into a tiger stance, arms hard and lithe.’
- ‘Lou turns, sucking in throatfuls of rasping reality.’
- ‘I just opened my mouth to try and speak and all that I could manage was a rasping croak.’
- ‘Rich made a rasping sound in his throat vaguely like the creaking of bed springs, followed by a lewd slurping noise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.