Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cultivated raspberry plant.
- ‘After mulching away the lawn, I replanted the front yard with raspberry canes, table grapes, and 35 blueberry bushes.’
- ‘This is laid in lawn with a central pathway, and is stocked with mature fruit trees and raspberry canes.’
- ‘Mow raspberry canes down to the ground with a power lawn mower when they have finished fruiting.’
- ‘From November until March, weather permitting, you can plant raspberry canes.’
- ‘Old currant wood should be cut out, right down to the ground, as should raspberry cane that has fruited.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.