One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cultivated raspberry plant.
- ‘Mow raspberry canes down to the ground with a power lawn mower when they have finished fruiting.’
- ‘Old currant wood should be cut out, right down to the ground, as should raspberry cane that has fruited.’
- ‘This is laid in lawn with a central pathway, and is stocked with mature fruit trees and raspberry canes.’
- ‘From November until March, weather permitting, you can plant raspberry canes.’
- ‘After mulching away the lawn, I replanted the front yard with raspberry canes, table grapes, and 35 blueberry bushes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.