One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The agreeable quality of something, especially the emotional or aesthetic impression of a work of art.
- ‘It is this intense aesthetic mood that is called rasa.’
- ‘In addressing such questions the paper draws on certain aesthetic formulations of the Hindu rasa theory.’
- ‘After all rasa is both aesthetic joy and gustatory delight.’
- ‘More so as the theme revolves around the ubiquitous concept of rasa an Indian concept and ideology based on emotions.’
- ‘In the context of Indian aesthetics, rasa is understood as the art recipient's aesthetic experience.’
Sanskrit, literally ‘flavour, juice (of food’).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.