One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The agreeable quality of something, especially the emotional or aesthetic impression of a work of art.
- ‘In the context of Indian aesthetics, rasa is understood as the art recipient's aesthetic experience.’
- ‘After all rasa is both aesthetic joy and gustatory delight.’
- ‘In addressing such questions the paper draws on certain aesthetic formulations of the Hindu rasa theory.’
- ‘More so as the theme revolves around the ubiquitous concept of rasa an Indian concept and ideology based on emotions.’
- ‘It is this intense aesthetic mood that is called rasa.’
Sanskrit, literally ‘flavour, juice (of food’).
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.