One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Rarotonga, the most populous of the Cook Islands.‘the romantic island idyll is what most visitors to Raro are after’
- ‘They had choppers and tracking experts on Raro.’
- ‘For the past two week we've been giving away trips to Raro.’
- ‘When we went to Raro we got airfares that were cheap.’
- ‘Another pudding-like dish made on Raro is kuru papa.’
- ‘Grab a flight back to Raro fast if anything serious goes wrong.’
- ‘These Raro dogs must be the envy of the canine world.’
- ‘Sounds like you better sail back to Raro and get her to the hospital.’
- ‘A voluntary squad of youth police were keen to keep Raro clean.’
- ‘He arrived on Raro to help build the airport in 1973 and just couldn't bring himself to leave.’
- ‘He was also headed to Raro.’
Early 20th century: abbreviation of Rarotonga.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.