Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for noble gas
- ‘The lamp includes a bulbous envelope filled with rare gas and metal vapor and a reentrant cavity.’
- ‘There is reason to believe that we might profitably mine for rare gases in the dusty regolith.’
- ‘Both utilize large, long-lived, and relatively expensive bulbs filled with various combinations of rare gases and a remote ballast.’
- ‘The low reactivity of the rare gases is due to the arrangement of electrons in the rare gas atoms.’
- ‘These elements have been known as the rare gases, but some of them are not especially rare.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.