One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for noble gas
- ‘These elements have been known as the rare gases, but some of them are not especially rare.’
- ‘Both utilize large, long-lived, and relatively expensive bulbs filled with various combinations of rare gases and a remote ballast.’
- ‘The lamp includes a bulbous envelope filled with rare gas and metal vapor and a reentrant cavity.’
- ‘The low reactivity of the rare gases is due to the arrangement of electrons in the rare gas atoms.’
- ‘There is reason to believe that we might profitably mine for rare gases in the dusty regolith.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.