One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Mediterranean variety of turnip widely grown for its edible shoots and leaves.
Brassica rapa variety rapa, family Cruciferae
- ‘The soup of the day was tomato, gorgonzola and rapini.’
- ‘A heap of mashed potatoes comes with it, although I enjoyed mine with à la carte side dishes of lemon-and-garlic-flavored rapini and tiny Brussels sprouts mixed with candied pecans.’
- ‘The linguini with roasted duck, rapini, and white wine sauce was maybe my second-favourite dish of the meal, after the gnocchi.’
- ‘The main course of red snapper with rapini proved to be a simple and very successful dish.’
- ‘The doe is served with cauliflower, rapini and potato, which hug a cut of deer meat hoisted on a thin bone rising out of the centre of the dish.’
Italian, diminutive of rapa ‘turnip’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.