One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very quickly; at a great rate.‘the business is expanding rapidly’‘the problem is rapidly worsening’
quickly, fast, swiftly, speedily, at speed, at full speed, at the speed of light, post-haste, hotfoot, at full tilt, as fast as one's legs can carry one, at a gallop, expeditiously, briskly, promptlyView synonyms
- ‘Pea aphids can be found at low levels but are expected to multiply rapidly in the warm weather.’
- ‘Yet even he admits that defending his sport is rapidly becoming an impossible task.’
- ‘Mark decided simply to set one up and since then, he has seen the business expand rapidly.’
- ‘Both Mr and Mrs Hayhurst were stranded on the roof as the river continued to rise rapidly.’
- ‘In the heat, the grass grows rapidly and the flowers wilt fast, so there was much to be done.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.