One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A jerky motion of a person's eyes occurring in REM sleep.
- ‘Besides the four stages, there is a form of sleep accompanied by rapid eye movement and behavioral activity.’
- ‘Once the heart rate of the target has slowed to the point of noticeable sleep, it sends irregular pulses to the brain to induce rapid eye movement, which you know is REM.’
- ‘The first sign is called rapid eye movement.’
- ‘Sleep occurs in two states: sleep with rapid eye movement and sleep with no rapid eye movement.’
- ‘Dreams occur when individuals display rapid eye movement or REM, mostly in the early hours.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.