One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A society or environment whose prevailing social attitudes have the effect of normalizing or trivializing sexual assault and abuse.‘the film takes a look at rape culture and what it means to be a woman in a male-dominated society’
- ‘Rape culture is a real thing women live with.’
- ‘I am starting to get worried how far this rape culture thing goes.’
- ‘Rape culture is still a current problem in America today; we should not promote any aspect of it.’
- ‘To end violence against women, we must end rape culture, not female freedom.’
- ‘In NZ everyone is equal and we don't have a rape culture.’
- ‘On Thursday a large mass of students came together to protest rape culture.’
- ‘This is a small step towards addressing a rape culture that protects the aggressor rather than the victim.’
- ‘I fear articles like this dilute the strong examples of rape culture by taking the concept to tenuous lengths.’
- ‘There is definitely a rape culture problem in Australia.’
- ‘The major problem with rape culture today in the United States is that many rapes go unreported.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.