One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An agency offering advice and support to victims of violent sexual crime.
- ‘Patients of non-governmental organisations with rape crisis centres will be able to access the drugs through the nine hospitals.’
- ‘Local women have walked, jogged and run in aid of the local rape crisis centre for the past ten years and the weather has held for each and every one!’
- ‘And €6.35 million is spent by health boards in support of rape crisis centres, women's refuges and other services.’
- ‘I would also urge this family to contact the National Center for Victims of Crime to find out about free or low-cost counseling at their local rape crisis center.’
- ‘Today, she is the executive director of Casa Amiga, the city's first and only rape crisis center and one of only six such centers in Mexico.’
- ‘The entire intent of the rape crisis center's examination is to gather evidence for prosecution.’
- ‘After an operation in 1989 the woman stopped seeing Shaw and when attending a rape crisis centre in 1998 it was suggested she contact the police.’
- ‘‘Such pressure could come from parents, boyfriends, policemen, prosecutors, rape crisis centres and victim support counsellors,’ he said.’
- ‘The centre in St Petersburg began in 1991 as a rape crisis centre which soon expanded to provide services around domestic violence and sexual abuse.’
- ‘Magic Hat has many of the trappings of a ‘socially responsible’ company, sponsoring arts events, donating to a local rape crisis center, and generally being a good neighbor.’
- ‘She is also working on disseminating the treatment to rape crisis centers.’
- ‘Your call will be automatically routed to a rape crisis center in your geographical area.’
- ‘David Berkowitz, better known as Son of Sam, worked at a rape crisis center before anyone knew what he was really up to.’
- ‘Well done to all of the women who took part in the Women's Mini Marathon, raising so much awareness and funds for the local rape crisis centre.’
- ‘She said rape crisis centres and other initiatives to help victims are being threatened because of a serious lack of funding and she said more financial assistance is needed to help survivors of sexual abuse.’
- ‘Some young feminists are starting projects of their own, such as campus feminist groups and new rape crisis centers, and doing amazing work.’
- ‘‘Many rape crisis centres do not deal with men but we would ask men to come to us for help’, she said.’
- ‘Mackey, however, urged the judge to focus on the Bryant case and avoid the ‘political agenda of the rape crisis center.’’
- ‘Carrie Sinkowski works at a rape crisis centre as an outreach worker and public educator, and at a women's shelter as a researcher.’
- ‘Nevertheless, Ms Wallace urged women to come forward and said they could contact the rape crisis centre.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.