One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Aggressive greed.‘the rapacity of landowners seeking greater profit from their property’
greed, avarice, rapaciousness, acquisitiveness, covetousness, materialism, predatoriness, voracity, voraciousness, graspingness, mercenariness, usury, extortionView synonyms
- ‘This puts a limit on the rapacity of a patent holder.’
- ‘It's precisely that rapacity, that appetite, that makes them who they are, that allows them to recognize themselves.’
- ‘While some have embraced democratic principles, others continue to rule through rapacity, despotism, and corruption.’
- ‘No situation, however obscure, or however sacred, escaped the rapacity of the enemy.’
- ‘It is not an effective instrument for protecting our people from the greed and rapacity of outsiders.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.