One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Aggressive greed.‘the rapacity of landowners seeking greater profit from their property’
greed, avarice, rapaciousness, acquisitiveness, covetousness, materialism, predatoriness, voracity, voraciousness, graspingness, mercenariness, usury, extortionView synonyms
- ‘It is not an effective instrument for protecting our people from the greed and rapacity of outsiders.’
- ‘While some have embraced democratic principles, others continue to rule through rapacity, despotism, and corruption.’
- ‘It's precisely that rapacity, that appetite, that makes them who they are, that allows them to recognize themselves.’
- ‘No situation, however obscure, or however sacred, escaped the rapacity of the enemy.’
- ‘This puts a limit on the rapacity of a patent holder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.