One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He seemed to have gained a greater self-confidence from the incredible and unexpected success of his book and he capitalized on it rapaciously.’
- ‘They have been described as ‘locusts’, rapaciously enriching themselves at the expense of ordinary investors.’
- ‘The reality is that we are rapaciously destroying ecosystems and burning fossil fuels as if there were no tomorrow.’
- ‘In our modern era, rapaciously expanding industry and a growing population continue to threaten the world's delicate ecological balance, proof of a relationship out of kilter with nature and the elements.’
- ‘Automobile transport is used wastefully, rapaciously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.