One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Almost as angry as the descriptions of poverty was Orwell's denunciation of the chasm between prim middle-class socialists and the rickets and rankness of working-class life.’
- ‘Padlin felt cool, wet air against his cheeks and he caught the rankness of the East River.’
- ‘I can speak with knowledge on this point as I was there just a few weeks ago in the emergency reception area, which competes with the toilets at Dover harbour for rankness.’
- ‘Judging by the rankness of the floor and the roughness of the shadows, Peter suspected that he was in some sort of cave.’
- ‘I worry that she smells the rankness of my sheets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.