One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I worry that she smells the rankness of my sheets.’
- ‘Padlin felt cool, wet air against his cheeks and he caught the rankness of the East River.’
- ‘Almost as angry as the descriptions of poverty was Orwell's denunciation of the chasm between prim middle-class socialists and the rickets and rankness of working-class life.’
- ‘Judging by the rankness of the floor and the roughness of the shadows, Peter suspected that he was in some sort of cave.’
- ‘I can speak with knowledge on this point as I was there just a few weeks ago in the emergency reception area, which competes with the toilets at Dover harbour for rankness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.