Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An assessment of the degree of correlation between two ways of assigning ranks to the members of a set.
- ‘Do a rank correlation and break the correlation into two stages.’
- ‘Rank correlations and partial rank correlations were conducted as described in Sokal and Rohlf.’
- ‘We calculated the significance of Spearman rank correlations according to Siegel.’
- ‘Pearson rank correlation was used to determine correlations.’
- ‘We calculated the Spearman rank correlation to assess variation in diagnostic threshold.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.