Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A synthetic compound with antihistamine properties, used to treat ulcers and related conditions.→ Zantac
- ‘The absorption of cimetidine and ranitidine is accelerated when coadministered with cisapride.’
- ‘These symptoms were not present while the patient was receiving clozapine plus ranitidine.’
- ‘Another trial found no significant benefit from the use of ranitidine in patients with infectious mononucleosis.’
- ‘These chemical burns resulted despite treatment with ranitidine.’
- ‘Not everyone will be able to use nonprescription ranitidine instead of Nexium, but those who can will save a significant sum.’
1970s: blend of furan and nitro-, + -ide + -ine.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.