One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A synthetic compound with antihistamine properties, used to treat ulcers and related conditions.Also called Zantac (a trademark)
- ‘Not everyone will be able to use nonprescription ranitidine instead of Nexium, but those who can will save a significant sum.’
- ‘Another trial found no significant benefit from the use of ranitidine in patients with infectious mononucleosis.’
- ‘These symptoms were not present while the patient was receiving clozapine plus ranitidine.’
- ‘These chemical burns resulted despite treatment with ranitidine.’
- ‘The absorption of cimetidine and ranitidine is accelerated when coadministered with cisapride.’
1970s: blend of furan and nitro-, + -ide + -ine.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.