One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An instrument for estimating the distance of an object, especially for use with a camera or gun.
- ‘Then add a laser rangefinder to the hunter's kit to eliminate range estimation and sighting errors.’
- ‘Nikon, Bushnell, Zeiss, Leica and Swarovski are leaders in rangefinders.’
- ‘Starting in '06, rangefinders will be legal on the PGA Tour.’
- ‘If you go to Adobe Walls today equipped with a rangefinder you will quickly see that none of the distant buttes are 1,538 yards away.’
- ‘Bushnell is an acknowledged leader in the fields of laser rangefinders and binoculars.’
- ‘We can buy laser rangefinders that are accurate to the nearest foot.’
- ‘Like laser rangefinders, night vision equipment is becoming more affordable.’
- ‘The optical sensor functions as a rangefinder, measuring the height of the target beneath the missile and profiling the target simultaneously.’
- ‘It's now possible to buy a relatively inexpensive rangefinder with twice the power and half the size of rangefinders used only five years ago.’
- ‘The electro-optical systems include a television camera, optional infra-red camera and laser rangefinder.’
- ‘There are new palm-size radios, global positioning systems, rangefinders, infrared cameras, laser sights and night vision devices.’
- ‘The fire control system includes a laser rangefinder, computer, wind sensor and, in the latest model, thermal imaging equipment.’
- ‘Hunters can also select a scan mode to receive continuously updated distance readouts as the rangefinder scans an area.’
- ‘Teamed with modern telescopic sights, rangefinders, binoculars, and spotting scopes, these modern tools are the most humane hunting implements we, as hunters, have ever had.’
- ‘If you have never used a rangefinder you probably won't be able to appreciate why this is utterly cool.’
- ‘Relatively new on the scene, laser rangefinders have improved dramatically in the few short years since they came on the market.’
- ‘Bushnell offers an extensive line of binoculars, spotting scopes, riflescopes, rangefinders, telescopes and night vision products.’
- ‘Other very popular accessories are chronographs and rangefinders.’
- ‘In 1932 they entered the military market, producing binoculars and rangefinders for the Manchurian campaign.’
- ‘Bushnell's Yardage Pro family of rangefinders has been around a long time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.