One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Maori chief or noble.
- ‘Despite the protests of these rangatira, the Government insisted that the land had been sold.’
- ‘But, first, I too would like to acknowledge the passing of our colleague the Rt Hon David Lange, rangatira of the people and a person who had the ability to embrace our nation.’
- ‘They were the two rangatira of Parihaka, a peaceful village that sits between Mt Taranaki and the Tasman Sea.’
- ‘Unapologetically hierarchical, the leader, or rangatira, is infallible.’
- ‘At this point I would like to acknowledge the new Maori rangatira in the National Party, the shadow Minister of Maori Affairs, Mr Gerry Brownlee.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.