One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Maori chief or noble.
- ‘Unapologetically hierarchical, the leader, or rangatira, is infallible.’
- ‘At this point I would like to acknowledge the new Maori rangatira in the National Party, the shadow Minister of Maori Affairs, Mr Gerry Brownlee.’
- ‘Despite the protests of these rangatira, the Government insisted that the land had been sold.’
- ‘They were the two rangatira of Parihaka, a peaceful village that sits between Mt Taranaki and the Tasman Sea.’
- ‘But, first, I too would like to acknowledge the passing of our colleague the Rt Hon David Lange, rangatira of the people and a person who had the ability to embrace our nation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.