One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
mass noun, often as modifier A form of skiing across mountainous terrain using equipment specially designed for walking uphill as well as skiing downhill.‘randonnée skiers’
- ‘You'll need extreme backcountry gear, including: randonnée or telemark skis fitted with skins, an ice axe, and crampons.’
- ‘I will not make wide telemark turns, instead I will use randonnée skis, and make symmetrical tight turns and leave lots of powder lines for everyone.’
- ‘My first randonnée ski tour was in May 1980, into the Goat Rocks Wilderness for a week.’
- ‘Telemark or randonnée, if you're skiing a flat trail put your skins away and wax a kicker under your foot.’
- ‘Most randonnée bindings allow plenty of movement for ski flex.’
French, ‘long walk or journey’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.