One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Air which is forced to enter a moving aperture, such as the air intake of an aircraft.
- ‘A modified cowling was needed along with a large intake under the fuselage to supply ram air but the project was not completely successful due to developmental problems and both companies dropped the experiment.’
- ‘The aircraft still was getting ram air over the cooling fins, but most of the efficiency of the exchanger had been lost.’
- ‘A stock 5.3 litre Jaguar V12 was used, with the only changes being ram air intakes.’
- ‘Not only was the ram air package a status symbol around the drive-in, it really worked because it included the above-mentioned specific internal engine parts that were completely different from the standard engine packages.’
- ‘Paragliders trace their pedigree back to the original ram air parachutes developed in the 1960s by the American space agency, NASA.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.