Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A form of motor racing in which cars are driven in heats over a course including rough terrain and made roads, but not public roads.Compare with autocross
- ‘Milner said: ‘The car was great fun to drive, and the whole weekend brought back so many great memories from when I used to compete in rallycross all the time.’’
- ‘His dad Jerry enjoys rallying, rallycross and the occasional autocross event while Colin's older brother Diarmuid is also enjoying a successful year competing in the National Stages Championship.’
- ‘He will now return to junior rallycross for his next event, this coming weekend at Anglesey.’
- ‘However, neither has previously competed in rallycross.’
- ‘Although Tracey is a vastly experienced competitor in rallying, circuit racing and rallycross, his move to the ranks of the World Rally Car drivers was not anticipated.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.