One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of motor racing in which cars are driven in heats over a course including rough terrain and made roads, but not public roads.Compare with autocross
- ‘His dad Jerry enjoys rallying, rallycross and the occasional autocross event while Colin's older brother Diarmuid is also enjoying a successful year competing in the National Stages Championship.’
- ‘Although Tracey is a vastly experienced competitor in rallying, circuit racing and rallycross, his move to the ranks of the World Rally Car drivers was not anticipated.’
- ‘However, neither has previously competed in rallycross.’
- ‘Milner said: ‘The car was great fun to drive, and the whole weekend brought back so many great memories from when I used to compete in rallycross all the time.’’
- ‘He will now return to junior rallycross for his next event, this coming weekend at Anglesey.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.