[mass noun] A form of motor racing in which cars are driven in heats over a course including rough terrain and made roads, but not public roads.Compare with autocross
- ‘His dad Jerry enjoys rallying, rallycross and the occasional autocross event while Colin's older brother Diarmuid is also enjoying a successful year competing in the National Stages Championship.’
- ‘Milner said: ‘The car was great fun to drive, and the whole weekend brought back so many great memories from when I used to compete in rallycross all the time.’’
- ‘However, neither has previously competed in rallycross.’
- ‘Although Tracey is a vastly experienced competitor in rallying, circuit racing and rallycross, his move to the ranks of the World Rally Car drivers was not anticipated.’
- ‘He will now return to junior rallycross for his next event, this coming weekend at Anglesey.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.