One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A peat bog in which growth is most rapid at the centre, giving it a domed shape.
- ‘Contemporaries were very aware of the dangers resulting from mining the raised bogs.’
- ‘Easy access to lowland raised bogs, and their highly prized, deep peat moss, make them prime targets for commercial extraction for horticulture.’
- ‘Mr Cullen is proceeding with designating raised bogs as natural heritage areas following a consultation process.’
- ‘It is a fine example of one of the last remaining raised bogs in the country and is believed to be the finest raised bog in the midlands.’
- ‘Extraction of moss peat from midland raised bogs is not sustainable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.