One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A peat bog in which growth is most rapid at the centre, giving it a domed shape.
- ‘It is a fine example of one of the last remaining raised bogs in the country and is believed to be the finest raised bog in the midlands.’
- ‘Extraction of moss peat from midland raised bogs is not sustainable.’
- ‘Contemporaries were very aware of the dangers resulting from mining the raised bogs.’
- ‘Mr Cullen is proceeding with designating raised bogs as natural heritage areas following a consultation process.’
- ‘Easy access to lowland raised bogs, and their highly prized, deep peat moss, make them prime targets for commercial extraction for horticulture.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.