One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Waterproof or water-resistant clothes suitable for wearing in the rain.
- ‘Last week Lackabane was shrouded in cloud and soft Irish rain permeated the best of rainwear.’
- ‘Lightweight clothing and rainwear is essential.’
- ‘Please bring suitable foot and rainwear and a packed lunch for walk.’
- ‘Most people came well prepared with plenty of rainwear and our group had a great selection of food!’
- ‘At the first sign of sprinkles, we moved as one giant synchronised origami team to unfold the glorious rainwear.’
- ‘It's hard to maneuver your video camera wearing flimsy hooded rainwear.’
- ‘Whatever time of year you travel, do carry some rainwear.’
- ‘If this move was supposed to demonstrate the will of the public, it was no different from both wearing rainwear and carrying an umbrella - it was superfluous.’
- ‘You are also advised to carry some rainwear, just in case.’
- ‘Some rainwear is advisable between March and June and October and December.’
- ‘The rain has brought cheer to traders retailing umbrellas and rainwear; umbrella-making companies have launched several products this year, including parasols equipped with torches.’
- ‘The shop will be jam packed with donated goods ranging from autumn skirts, to jackets and rainwear.’
- ‘In other words, its aim is to exploit its heritage as a global luxury brand based around its colourful, modern rainwear.’
- ‘Other Gore-Tex rainwear in the catalog includes rain jackets and pants from lox and Browning.’
- ‘The book was researched during a golden summer when rainwear was not necessary and each walk concluded with tea and toasted teacake eaten outdoors at a cafe.’
- ‘Troops rotated to East Timor were the first to use new rainwear made from a breathable waterproof material specially developed by DSTO.’
- ‘Don't miss the designer dogs in the latest rainwear.’
- ‘As the rain intensified and the tents filled, All Saints took to the main stage, their matching rainwear providing protection from the elements.’
- ‘Some were selling t-shirts and plastic couches, while others sold ponchos and rainwear.’
- ‘The programme will include details on the routes' degrees of difficulty and some advice on footwear and rainwear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.