One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A colourfully striped fish of the jack family, of warm seas worldwide.
Elagatis bipinnulata, family Carangidae
- ‘Dive it and you are almost guaranteed to see schooling barracuda, horse-eye jacks and rainbow runners, as well as giant green moray eels and hawksbill turtles hunting for a meal on the reef.’
- ‘In this all-too-short evening session of trolling, we boated kingfish, yellowfin tuna, and dog-tooth tuna, as well as the usual bonito and rainbow runners.’
- ‘Our second dive was at the nearby Batu Panjang site, which offered an even greater number of giant clams, and dense schools of snapper and rainbow runners.’
- ‘Five sharks circled us as rainbow runners scraped off parasites from their sides.’
- ‘Dense schools of fusiliers swarm past, followed by squadrons of predators like big-eye trevally, mackerel and rainbow runners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.