One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consisting of or containing many different colours.‘a rainbow-like pattern on the glass’‘a rainbow-like shimmer’
- ‘His development after that was towards rivulets of colour arranged in rainbow-like bands, often on a predominantly bare canvas.’
- ‘Increased activity of the thyroid gland makes the small fish lose their rainbow-like markings and adopt a silvery sheen.’
- ‘Lower Calf Creek spills over a sheer, mineral-rich sandstone, resulting in a rainbow-like stain.’
- ‘Arrange the cupcakes in rows sorted by colour to create a beautiful, rainbow-like display.’
- ‘The packaging will have a see-through lid, so that you can see what color you're getting - and so that retailers can create attractive, rainbow-like displays.’
- ‘The light was broken up into an oily, hazy patch of rainbow-like colour.’
- ‘The figures are rendered in autumnal, rainbow-like colours, filled with blurred glyph-like designs.’
- ‘A rainbow-like circle around the shadow on a cloud below an airplane you are in is a glory.’
- ‘There was a rainbow-like display of colour on the catwalk for the season, from tomato reds to neon oranges and electric blues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.