One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Consisting of or containing many different colours.‘a rainbow-like pattern on the glass’‘a rainbow-like shimmer’
- ‘A rainbow-like circle around the shadow on a cloud below an airplane you are in is a glory.’
- ‘The packaging will have a see-through lid, so that you can see what color you're getting - and so that retailers can create attractive, rainbow-like displays.’
- ‘Arrange the cupcakes in rows sorted by colour to create a beautiful, rainbow-like display.’
- ‘The figures are rendered in autumnal, rainbow-like colours, filled with blurred glyph-like designs.’
- ‘Increased activity of the thyroid gland makes the small fish lose their rainbow-like markings and adopt a silvery sheen.’
- ‘The light was broken up into an oily, hazy patch of rainbow-like colour.’
- ‘There was a rainbow-like display of colour on the catwalk for the season, from tomato reds to neon oranges and electric blues.’
- ‘Lower Calf Creek spills over a sheer, mineral-rich sandstone, resulting in a rainbow-like stain.’
- ‘His development after that was towards rivulets of colour arranged in rainbow-like bands, often on a predominantly bare canvas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.