One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bird that is said to foretell rain by its call, especially (in Britain) the green woodpecker or (in South Africa) a kind of coucal.
- ‘There was a pause, the quiet air filled only by a song from a young rainbird.’
- ‘For the first time in the last seven days, the sun rose over Vaskio with a purpose, and the rainbirds graced the sky.’
- ‘Just a moment after his words, a silvery rainbird flew down from the tree tops, and behind the blonde-haired woman.’
- ‘Nestled in the evergreen in their front yard, there was a silky gray rainbird.’
- ‘It was a slightly glum day, the vivid blue of the sky partially hidden by overcast, and the silky gray rainbirds taking flight in the chill air.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.