One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Publications or other items concerning or associated with railways.
- ‘The Griffithstown Railway Museum is home to a superb collection of railwayana from local stations.’
- ‘The anonymous railwayman could not have foreseen that the posters would eventually become one of the hottest properties in a very hot area of collecting - "railwayana".’
- ‘It seems it will be some time before collecting railwayana comes to the end of the line.’
- ‘This original bath found its way into Sir William McAlpines collection of railwayana until sold by Bonhams in 1996.’
- ‘Sadly, all hopes of finding interesting railwayana disappeared when I realised the place had been completely stripped out.’
1960s:from railway + -ana.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.