One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A car with a convertible roof.
soft-top, targaView synonyms
- ‘Few of us can envisage living full time with a ragtop, really.’
- ‘I'd be inclined to avoid ragtops on general principle, and I also think that the floppy roof spoils the TT's outline.’
- ‘Racers who haul down the 1,320 in a ragtop have a bit more to worry about than their hardtop-driving counterparts.’
- ‘It also says you're comfortable in your middle-aged existence to drive a ragtop that looks like something out of a detective story.’
- ‘I survey the small warehouse-like plant in Ontario, where the company is turning Toyota Camry Solara coupes into ragtops.’
- ‘And most importantly of all, these two-seater ragtops are a real blast to drive.’
- ‘But if you really must have a ragtop, and your ragtop really must be a prestige badge, then a second-hand Z3 deserves serious examination.’
- ‘The pretty little two-seater ragtop, first introduced in 1962 and produced over a 15-year period, is unmistakeably a Lotus.’
- ‘I bought my first sports car in 1963, and have almost always had a ragtop in the stable since then.’
- ‘My prediction - this movie will go nowhere, despite the brilliant ad campaign, showing our hero stabbing electronic snakes at Disneyland, jumping onto ragtops, and generally being a pain.’
- ‘As good as the TF's standard ragtop is, there are times when you feel a little under-dressed for the worst excesses of the British climate.’
- ‘Security has to be the optimum for a ragtop and here a microwave intrusion detection system is fitted along with a handle lock rod protector.’
- ‘During the recent week that I drove the 6-Series ragtop around Los Angeles, car-savvy Angelenos loved it.’
- ‘A ragtop is fine for just me, but I want steel covering my family, all the way around.’
- ‘He exited to find that the skies had opened and that, the ragtop's top being down, the vehicle's floorboards were filled to the seat covers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.