One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The treatment of disease, especially cancer, using X-rays or similar forms of radiation.
- ‘After two major operations, chemotherapy and radiotherapy, the disease went into remission.’
- ‘Surgery may be followed by chemotherapy, radiotherapy or hormone treatment.’
- ‘A dry mouth caused by certain drugs or after chemotherapy or radiotherapy to the head and neck may also lead to thrush.’
- ‘Palliative radiotherapy or chemotherapy may increase this risk by causing tumours to shrink.’
- ‘Often, the initial response of a cancer to radiotherapy is a good indication of how successful the treatment will be.’
- ‘She started on chemotherapy, and then doubled up this treatment with radiotherapy.’
- ‘However, the influence of his early chiefs led him to train in the developing specialism of radiotherapy.’
- ‘Seven patients treated with radiotherapy developed some radiation telangiectasia.’
- ‘And earlier this year she went into remission and put her recovery down to radiotherapy and a herbal remedy.’
- ‘He has been undergoing radiotherapy for about four weeks and is expected to make a full recovery.’
- ‘Twice daily radiotherapy should not tax the resources of even busy departments, if given on only a single day a week.’
- ‘In patients who are unfit to have radical surgery, radiotherapy may be administered to the inguinal lymph nodes.’
- ‘Treatment options for cervical cancer include surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy.’
- ‘She again had rounds of radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatment before being offered a new drug, Arimidex.’
- ‘Extensive local surgical resection rather than radiotherapy is the treatment of choice.’
- ‘He underwent a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy but the cancer was so aggressive it spread to his stomach.’
- ‘No further chemotherapy or radiotherapy could be given to control this recurrence.’
- ‘Repopulation during protracted treatment is one reason for tumour persistence after radiotherapy.’
- ‘As a result, many patients who have had a mastectomy will now also receive postoperative radiotherapy.’
- ‘After an adventurous war time career in the Polish Free Forces he specialised in radiotherapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.