One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The treatment of disease, especially cancer, using X-rays or similar forms of radiation.
- ‘Seven patients treated with radiotherapy developed some radiation telangiectasia.’
- ‘And earlier this year she went into remission and put her recovery down to radiotherapy and a herbal remedy.’
- ‘Repopulation during protracted treatment is one reason for tumour persistence after radiotherapy.’
- ‘A dry mouth caused by certain drugs or after chemotherapy or radiotherapy to the head and neck may also lead to thrush.’
- ‘After two major operations, chemotherapy and radiotherapy, the disease went into remission.’
- ‘Palliative radiotherapy or chemotherapy may increase this risk by causing tumours to shrink.’
- ‘Extensive local surgical resection rather than radiotherapy is the treatment of choice.’
- ‘However, the influence of his early chiefs led him to train in the developing specialism of radiotherapy.’
- ‘In patients who are unfit to have radical surgery, radiotherapy may be administered to the inguinal lymph nodes.’
- ‘She started on chemotherapy, and then doubled up this treatment with radiotherapy.’
- ‘She again had rounds of radiotherapy and chemotherapy treatment before being offered a new drug, Arimidex.’
- ‘As a result, many patients who have had a mastectomy will now also receive postoperative radiotherapy.’
- ‘Surgery may be followed by chemotherapy, radiotherapy or hormone treatment.’
- ‘No further chemotherapy or radiotherapy could be given to control this recurrence.’
- ‘After an adventurous war time career in the Polish Free Forces he specialised in radiotherapy.’
- ‘He underwent a course of chemotherapy and radiotherapy but the cancer was so aggressive it spread to his stomach.’
- ‘Often, the initial response of a cancer to radiotherapy is a good indication of how successful the treatment will be.’
- ‘He has been undergoing radiotherapy for about four weeks and is expected to make a full recovery.’
- ‘Treatment options for cervical cancer include surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy.’
- ‘Twice daily radiotherapy should not tax the resources of even busy departments, if given on only a single day a week.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.