One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular A system of alternative medicine based on the supposition that detectable electromagnetic radiation emitted by living matter can be interpreted diagnostically and transmitted to treat illness at a distance by complex electrical instruments.
- ‘Contemporary practitioners claim to have ‘successfully treated’ thousands of customers with radionics and a medicine bag full of similar energy cures.’
- ‘Since radionics is primarily a holistic approach, treating the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual, the chances of helping people on their evolutionary path is much higher than with other therapies.’
- ‘Scientists have been unable to explain the exact mechanisms by which rock powders work, just as they are unable to explain how biodynamic preparations or radionics influence crops.’
- ‘He is a highly qualified and indeed decorated physician, who should know better than to recommend dowsing, crystal therapy, and radionics to NHS patients’
- ‘Psionic medicine is a simpler version of radionics that is primarily based on the use of a device such as the pendulum.’
1940s: from radio- ‘radiation’, on the pattern of electronics.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.