One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Transparent to X-rays.
- ‘In patients who have swallowed a sharp, radiolucent object, such as a fish bone, direct laryngoscopy should be performed.’
- ‘The radiolucent lesion was eccentrically located, multiloculated, and rimmed by a thin sclerotic zone.’
- ‘Radiographic findings of progressive radiolucent lines surrounding the prosthetic stem or areas of osteolysis also suggest prosthetic loosening or infection.’
- ‘In others, multiple radiopacities are seen within the radiolucent areas.’
- ‘Orthotopic ABC has a characteristic radiographic appearance due to reactive peripheral bone changes that induce a radiolucent shell.’
- ‘Although often in close relationship to bone, there is a radiolucent zone towards the bone, and no clear connection between the lesion and the bone.’
- ‘CT is far more sensitive than CXR in detecting radiolucent or small foreign bodies.’
- ‘In the mid 1/3 bile duct multiple radiolucent stones were found.’
- ‘Radiological study revealed that the right maxillary sinus was totally obliterated by a multilocular mass containing numerous radiopacities within the radiolucent areas.’
- ‘They are also radiolucent and resistant to chemicals.’
- ‘The clinical efficacy of bile acid therapy was determined in patients with symptomatic radiolucent gallstones smaller than 15 mm within a functioning gallbladder.’
- ‘If stones are present, they appear as radiolucent or radiopaque calculi within the gallbladder.’
- ‘Radiographic examination revealed an ill-defined radiolucent lesion at the joint area of the previous bone graft and the right mandibular angle.’
- ‘For example, central hemangiomas grow rapidly and commonly present as a radiolucent mandibular mass in children and young adults.’
- ‘Radiographic features include radiolucent defects in the femoral head and fragmentation of the femoral head.’
- ‘In addition, small chondral fragments are radiolucent and not evident on standard radiographs.’
- ‘The only radiolucent alveolar filling material was fat or alveolar proteinosis.’
- ‘The outlines of soft tissue is made possible by radiolucent fat which surrounds intra-abdominal organs.’
- ‘The denture had no metal claps and could not be radiographically detected as acrylic is radiolucent and cannot be detected on x-ray film.’
- ‘Some experts recommend contrast radiographs if a radiolucent foreign body is not seen in the child's stool two weeks after its ingestion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.