One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A radioactive isotope.
- ‘Synthesis of the heavier transuranic elements, as well as of radioisotopes of the natural elements, is sometimes included under the broader umbrella of chemical synthesis.’
- ‘The radioactive tracer evaluated for this study, known by the brand name Zemiva, links a fatty acid to a radioisotope which is injected in the patient.’
- ‘In cardiology, perfusion to cardiac tissue can be studied using radioisotopes such as N13 ammonia.’
- ‘In 1934 he used a radioisotope of phosphorus to study how human tissue absorbs phosphate.’
- ‘In essence, the process involves binding a radioisotope to a compound that has a specific affinity for an organ or region of the body.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.