One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique for determining antibody levels by introducing an antigen labelled with a radioisotope and measuring the subsequent radioactivity of the antibody component.
- ‘Basal serum C peptide levels were measured by radioimmunoassay after an overnight fast.’
- ‘Plasma folate levels were measured by radioimmunoassay for the quantitative determination of vitamin B 12 and folate in serum.’
- ‘As an objective indicator of the infants' exposure to passive smoke, serum cotinine was measured by radioimmunoassay, with the lower level of detection at 0.1 [micro] g/ml.’
- ‘To confirm the diagnosis, allergen specific serum IgE was measured by radioimmunoassay according to the manufacturer's instructions.’
- ‘Routine determination in blood now involves the technique of radioimmunoassay - even very low concentrations of hormone can be determined quite rapidly on a large number of samples.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.