Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A technique for determining antibody levels by introducing an antigen labelled with a radioisotope and measuring the subsequent radioactivity of the antibody component.
- ‘Plasma folate levels were measured by radioimmunoassay for the quantitative determination of vitamin B 12 and folate in serum.’
- ‘To confirm the diagnosis, allergen specific serum IgE was measured by radioimmunoassay according to the manufacturer's instructions.’
- ‘Basal serum C peptide levels were measured by radioimmunoassay after an overnight fast.’
- ‘As an objective indicator of the infants' exposure to passive smoke, serum cotinine was measured by radioimmunoassay, with the lower level of detection at 0.1 [micro] g/ml.’
- ‘Routine determination in blood now involves the technique of radioimmunoassay - even very low concentrations of hormone can be determined quite rapidly on a large number of samples.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.