One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A technique for determining antibody levels by introducing an antigen labelled with a radioisotope and measuring the subsequent radioactivity of the antibody component.
- ‘Basal serum C peptide levels were measured by radioimmunoassay after an overnight fast.’
- ‘Plasma folate levels were measured by radioimmunoassay for the quantitative determination of vitamin B 12 and folate in serum.’
- ‘Routine determination in blood now involves the technique of radioimmunoassay - even very low concentrations of hormone can be determined quite rapidly on a large number of samples.’
- ‘As an objective indicator of the infants' exposure to passive smoke, serum cotinine was measured by radioimmunoassay, with the lower level of detection at 0.1 [micro] g/ml.’
- ‘To confirm the diagnosis, allergen specific serum IgE was measured by radioimmunoassay according to the manufacturer's instructions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.