One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Convert (a substance, molecule, etc.) into a radioactive form.
pollute, adulterateView synonyms
- ‘Certain elements in the sample are radioactivated.’
- ‘Can new energy sources be found without poisoning or radioactivating us and countless future generations?’
- ‘The neutron bombardment is serious: it radioactivates substances and weakens structures.’
- ‘Thousands of tons of spray radioactivate the surfaces they fall upon to a dangerous degree, for an unknown length of time.’
- ‘The terrific explosion sent reddish-blue or dark-brown flames shooting out against the ground at an astonishing velocity, radioactivating some forty percent of the city area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.