One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Convert (a substance, molecule, etc.) into a radioactive form.
pollute, adulterateView synonyms
- ‘Certain elements in the sample are radioactivated.’
- ‘Can new energy sources be found without poisoning or radioactivating us and countless future generations?’
- ‘Thousands of tons of spray radioactivate the surfaces they fall upon to a dangerous degree, for an unknown length of time.’
- ‘The terrific explosion sent reddish-blue or dark-brown flames shooting out against the ground at an astonishing velocity, radioactivating some forty percent of the city area.’
- ‘The neutron bombardment is serious: it radioactivates substances and weakens structures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.