One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in a graphical display) an icon representing one of a set of options, only one of which can be selected at any time.
- ‘There also used to be a separate radio button labelled ‘tomorrow’, to avoid ever having to type in the following day's date.’
- ‘There are no general rules, like ‘if the users check the second radio button of a group, show the next TR.’’
- ‘You'll require Windows Media Player, I'm told, and you just go to this web page, click on the radio button.’
- ‘Provide instructions for the necessary computer actions, i.e., erasing radio buttons, drop-down menus, and clearing open-ended questions.’
- ‘The bottom radio button, ‘Search 221 Journalism Sites,’ will query our Nelson search engine.’
- ‘On completing the questionnaire, participants had to indicate with a radio button allowing only one of two responses how they had felt about having to answer the questionnaire.’
- ‘In designing the web pages, I decided to keep it fairly simple: a pull-down box with some radio buttons.’
- ‘Every since the checkbox and radio button were invented, websites have polled visitors about their experiences and desires.’
- ‘You can't finish the survey without clicking a radio button for each selection.’
- ‘Changes include a new image database that is available from the main page as well as from a radio button after the search box.’
- ‘All you have to do is check the radio button on the webpage and submit it.’
- ‘If you select a different region with the radio buttons, that action re-initializes the lists boxes, clears the text box and disables the Select and Clear buttons.’
- ‘At the bottom of the screen are four radio buttons.’
- ‘You can even provide your visitors with radio buttons that let them perform either search.’
- ‘Choose the radio button by the appropriate answer to indicate how accurate each statement is for your project.’
- ‘Click on the Editing radio button and select Instrument 1 in the global section.’
- ‘Most features can be turned on or off by selecting the appropriate radio button.’
- ‘When the Editing Profile dialog appears, click on the Effects tab and click the Transparent background radio button.’
- ‘Usually, clicking on the label positions the cursor in the form field, or toggles the value of radio buttons or check boxes.’
- ‘Whenever one of those radio buttons is clicked, all of the fields are reverted to their last saved values.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.