One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of astronomy concerned with radio emissions from celestial objects.
- ‘Today some 10 neutron-star-neutron-star binaries have been discovered, and radio astronomy has accumulated a spectacular database of more than 1500 pulsars.’
- ‘Allen said that the project was an opportunity to search for intelligent life beyond the solar system while doing conventional radio astronomy.’
- ‘These millimeter wave frequencies have been used for radio astronomy, space-based cloud imaging, and various military applications.’
- ‘By 1952, despite the pioneering work in radio astronomy in France, it became clear that others were using more powerful instruments and the French could not compete.’
- ‘As a next step the astrophysicists want to use the upcoming LOFAR array in the Netherlands and Germany for radio astronomy and cosmic ray research.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.