One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of astronomy concerned with radio emissions from celestial objects.
- ‘By 1952, despite the pioneering work in radio astronomy in France, it became clear that others were using more powerful instruments and the French could not compete.’
- ‘As a next step the astrophysicists want to use the upcoming LOFAR array in the Netherlands and Germany for radio astronomy and cosmic ray research.’
- ‘Today some 10 neutron-star-neutron-star binaries have been discovered, and radio astronomy has accumulated a spectacular database of more than 1500 pulsars.’
- ‘Allen said that the project was an opportunity to search for intelligent life beyond the solar system while doing conventional radio astronomy.’
- ‘These millimeter wave frequencies have been used for radio astronomy, space-based cloud imaging, and various military applications.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.