Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The directional variation in intensity of the radiation from an aerial or other source.
- ‘Antennas are usually tested for their angular response using collimated radiation to determine their far-field radiation pattern.’
- ‘Palpation of trigger points often reproduces the pain radiation pattern experienced by the patient and can elicit a twitch in the muscle.’
- ‘Board-mount versions are available if the enclosure is radio-transparent and the radiation pattern is appropriate for the application.’
- ‘According to the reciprocity theorem, the spatial response of an antenna is exactly equivalent to its radiation pattern.’
- ‘Observations of the amplitude and shape of body waves at various distances and azimuths are used to study the radiation patterns and the earthquake source.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.