The directional variation in intensity of the radiation from an aerial or other source.
- ‘Antennas are usually tested for their angular response using collimated radiation to determine their far-field radiation pattern.’
- ‘Palpation of trigger points often reproduces the pain radiation pattern experienced by the patient and can elicit a twitch in the muscle.’
- ‘Board-mount versions are available if the enclosure is radio-transparent and the radiation pattern is appropriate for the application.’
- ‘According to the reciprocity theorem, the spatial response of an antenna is exactly equivalent to its radiation pattern.’
- ‘Observations of the amplitude and shape of body waves at various distances and azimuths are used to study the radiation patterns and the earthquake source.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.