One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The directional variation in intensity of the radiation from an aerial or other source.
- ‘According to the reciprocity theorem, the spatial response of an antenna is exactly equivalent to its radiation pattern.’
- ‘Palpation of trigger points often reproduces the pain radiation pattern experienced by the patient and can elicit a twitch in the muscle.’
- ‘Antennas are usually tested for their angular response using collimated radiation to determine their far-field radiation pattern.’
- ‘Board-mount versions are available if the enclosure is radio-transparent and the radiation pattern is appropriate for the application.’
- ‘Observations of the amplitude and shape of body waves at various distances and azimuths are used to study the radiation patterns and the earthquake source.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.