One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A centre point from which rays or radii proceed.
- ‘The caustic of a cardioid, where the radiant point is taken to be the cusp, is a nephroid.’
- 1.1Astronomy The apparent focal point of a meteor shower.
- ‘Much of the first part takes place at night, in a black and white symphony of moving radiant points and rich shades of darkness.’
- ‘Trace some backwards: they all lead to a radiant point in the constellation Gemini.’
- ‘The sickle is the western portion of Leo and that is the radiant point for the meteor showers.’
- ‘Generating a sky map on 8-12-2004, we find that the radiant point will be high in the northeastern sky, not far below the zenith.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.