One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game played with a small hard ball and a short-handled racket in a four-walled handball court.
- ‘In addition to the gym and sauna are all the old favourites squash, handball, racquetball, basketball, badminton and indoor soccer.’
- ‘Members will have access to amenities such as a 25-meter lap pool, whirlpool, steam room and sauna, and indoor court sports such as racquetball, squash and basketball and more.’
- ‘The cable flye is also a great exercise for racket sports such as tennis, racquetball, squash and badminton when executing the forehand stroke.’
- ‘Front arm raises are also vital in some underhand throwing and hitting actions, as in bowling, softball, baseball, racquetball and other sports, to allow for greater force production and to prevent injury.’
- ‘Throughout his life Marty kept himself fit and up to recently could be found playing handball or racketball up at the alleys in Summerhill College.’
- ‘Parents are reminded that the club can provide excellent and varied recreational outlets for birthday parties, such as basketball, indoor football, handball and racquetball.’
- ‘In 1974, the P.E. complex was built for basketball, swimming, racquetball, volleyball, tennis, and bowling.’
- ‘It provides a wide range of recreational outlets for all age groups in the area, including racquetball, handball, indoor football, badminton, squash and cuili.’
- ‘It's especially important in sports such as tennis, badminton, racquetball, volleyball and basketball for reaching upward and getting the arms in position for hitting and throwing actions.’
- ‘Handball, squash and racquetball are also on the winter programme of events.’
- ‘Players are encouraged to play pickup basketball or racquetball.’
- ‘First, a primer for the uninitiated: Similar to racquetball, squash is played in a four-walled court, and the ball is smacked against the front wall.’
- ‘Minority sports like racquetball, handball and volleyball don't enjoy wide media coverage, nor do the players enjoy widespread attention or recognition.’
- ‘You may just come out on top in the later stages of a tennis, racquetball, soccer, basketball or touch-football game when his muscles are zapped and depleted of their energy stores.’
- ‘I also started running, biking and playing racquetball to add a cardio component to my workouts.’
- ‘Nurturing the game of racquetball at underage level has always been a central feature of the club's policy.’
- ‘Pakistanis have regularly won the world championship in squash, a court game similar to racquetball.’
- ‘It was pretty much an all night event at a recreation center that had ping-pong, racquetball, casino games like blackjack and roulette, and basketball courts.’
- ‘For higher risk sports - such as basketball, racquetball and handball - Boldt recommends sports goggles with polycarbonate lenses.’
- ‘Amid a steroids scandal that led to the indictment of four of his assistant coaches, he dropped dead of a heart attack after a game of racquetball.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.