One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See rack mounting
- ‘Essentially, their system relies on small, rack-mounted storage appliances consisting of disks, CPUs, storage adapters and network cards.’
- ‘Adoption and migration to modular or blade servers from pedestal and rack-mounted servers is another approach to simplifying server and storage management.’
- ‘This evolution includes high-density 1U servers and will eventually include blade servers that offer better density than rack-mounted servers while being easier to configure and manage, thus lowering total cost of ownership.’
- ‘I'd pictured this big hi-tech building covered in mirror glass with a smart, sparse reception and acres of rack-mounted servers.’
- ‘Blade PCs are thin, rack-mounted PCs that store data on individual user-controlled units housed in an IT department's server room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.